I paid $32.50 for the night (that's with a Good Sam discount) and while that would be a high price for every day, for one night - it works especially since I can do my laundry!
I'm waiting on a friend who's driving in from Yonkers to visit. I haven't seen him in nearly 5 years so it should make for an interesting visit.
But this isn't about now - this post is about getting Lost (on the high seas, no less)
Last Wednesday I arrived in Greenwich, NY for the Lost van in. Basically a van is a bunch of fun folks who own and adore vans getting together to show them off and party. It's a fabulous time. Lost was the second eVANt I attended and I had a blast at both.
(I even took pictures this time - we'll get to those later)
First, I have a list of folks I want to thank:
- Sandy from Bad Girls Club for talking to a total stranger and letting me speak to an available mechanic when I overheated 45 minutes from Lost. I owe ya a drink!
- John - for lending me his 12' ladder and caulk gun.
- Kurk and his wife for the cat food and kitty littler. (I do love me some practical gifts!) Also to Kurk for installing my new roof vent - I love it and the cats do too.
- Rizz for the LED lights and putty as well as a new experience =D
- Tequila for bringing me the companion to the Hunger Games books. I'm definitely going to go pick a copy of that up so I can read more than just chapter 2. For the laughter on Sunday night - I thought I was going to pee myself. Also for the spare key holder and cargo net (which the cats have indeed taken over as their bed)
Like I said, I did take some pictures. I'll upload them later tonight when my mind is whirling at 400 mph.
Now about my van. I overheated getting to the eVANt. *insert big frowny face here* Leaving Lost was no better - not only did I overheat within 20 minutes of driving but now my exhaust idiot light is on *insert even bigger frowny face here* and I have no idea what the hoot that means. I never noticed it on before but that's not to say it wasn't considering they put all the idiot lights at knee level on the left side. Looks like I may be taking a trip to a mechanic this week.
Thankfully this RV park gives you a solid 24 hours when you check in so I don't have to leave here until nearly 6 tomorrow night - YAY!